Human Resources Training:
This comprehensive Human Resources Series provides training in the full range of HR issues from onboarding to the exit interview and everything in between. It also discusses employment law, safety, working with unions, and the hot-topic of diversity and inclusion. The complete human resources series is 35 hours of content.
A Drug-free Workplace
- How common is drug use?
- How can I work to eliminate drug use in my workplace?
- What are some signs that my workers may have a problem with drugs?
- How do I stage an intervention with an employee?
A New Way to Train Employees
- Introduce the innovations happening in employee training
- Explain the four steps involved when training an employee
A Safe Workplace: OSHA and Right-to-Know Laws
- Be able to explain OSHA laws and give a few examples of regulated areas
- Understand right-to-know laws
- Understand how OSHA regulations are enforced
Accidents: An Overview
- What is the objective of an accident or incident analysis?
- Who should be involved?
- What questions should the analysis answer?
Administration of a Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Be able to explain and manage the grievance process
AED-Saving Sudden Cardiac Arrest Victims
- What is an AED?
- What is cardiac arrest?
- What causes cardiac arrest?
- Why would we need to install an AED in the workplace?
- Where should they be installed?
- How do I train employees in the use of AEDs?
- How much do they cost?
Aggressive, Distracted, Drowsy, Impaired Driving
- What is unsafe driving behavior?
- When are you fit to drive? When are you not?
- What can you do to make yourself a safer driver?
- How can you tell if another motorist is intoxicated?
- When should you report an unsafe driver?
Analyzing Pay Theories
- Understand the theories behind pay systems: equity theory, expectancy theory and reinforcement theory
Basic Elements of a First Aid Training Program
Know the areas that should be covered by a first aid training program
Know where to get training courses or materials
Basic First Aid
- Understand when to use CPR and when not to use CPR
- Learn how to stop bleeding using direct pressure, pressure points, and tourniquets
- Know the general rules about performing first aid
Basics of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Know what laws pertain to disabled workers
- Know how to ensure your compliance with these laws
- Know how to apply a 4-step process for hiring and managing disabled workers
Beginning Development for Training Programs
- Be able to design a training program framework
- Start the process of developing training
Building Framework for the Development of Training Programs
- Be able to design a training program framework
- Continue the process of building training framework
Career Development Programs
- Understand the uses and applications of a career development program
- Learn how to develop the planning process for career development
Changing Organizational Culture
- Know the steps for embedding organizational culture
- Understand how to institute change in a culture
- Learn the steps and tools that will help change take root
Changing the Culture of Your Organization
- Explain why culture change may be necessary
- Understand the process of culture change
Cold Stress for Employers
- Know how to identify hypothermia, frostbite, trench foot, and chilblains
- Know how to treat exposure-related problems
- Know how to protect workers from being exposed to cold stress dangers
Compiling Employee Satisfaction Data
- Understand how to perform exit interviews and job satisfaction surveys for the purpose of improving employee satisfaction
Completing and Conducting Employee Performance Appraisals
- How to discuss best practices in performance review planning
- How to write an improvement plan for an employee
Completing the Framework for Developing Training Programs
- Be able to design a training program framework
- Complete development on the framework for your training program
Creating a Drivers' Safety Program: 10 Steps
- Become familiar with NHTSA's 10-step process for creating a drivers’ safety program
- Help to keep your insurance costs down
- Keep costs associated with traffic accidents down
Creating and Maintaining a Successful Organizational Culture
- Know the definition of organizational culture
- Understand how these cultures affect a company and how certain values can be perpetuated beyond the founders
- Know the keys to maintaining organizational culture
Current Labor Challenges and Labor Laws
- Explain some of the reasons for a decline in union membership over the past sixty years
- Be able to explain the process of unionization and laws that relate to unionization
Dealing With Performance Issues
- How the progressive discipline process works
- What the seven tests of just cause are
- What a performance improvement plan is
- What the alternative dispute resolution options are
Deciding on a Pay System
- Be able to define and discuss the types of pay systems and factors determining the type of pay system used
Designing a Performance Appraisal System
- What the steps are in designing a performance appraisal system
- How to determine the costs of performance evaluation based on span of control
- What the options are in determining who should give the appraisals
Determining Hours Worked
- Understand what counts as paid work time
- Learn about common mistakes employers make in counting paid time and how to avoid them
Determining Internal and External Pay Factors
- Be able to explain the internal and external considerations of compensation package development
Determining International Employee Compensation
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of three different international compensation strategies
- Identify the performance review differences for international assignments
Developing a Compensation Package
- Know how to develop compensation packages
- Address the concerns of your employees
- Explain how companies train and develop employees
- Discuss the importance of a diverse workforce
Disabilities - Effective Emergency Preparedness Planning
- Are there federal laws or regulations that address employees with disabilities and emergency planning?
- Can I ask employees if they will require assistance in an emergency?
- Can I use elevators to evacuate employees in an emergency?
- What do I need to keep in mind while putting together my emergency plan?
Discrimination and Harassment Basics
- Review the basics of the law and who it applies to
- Understand what a protected class is and who falls under it
Elements of a Drivers' Safety Program
- Understand the necessary elements for a comprehensive and successful drivers’ safety program
Embedding Organizational Culture
- Understand the meaning of organizational culture
- Know how to embed culture in your company using visual and auditory cues
- Be able to help employees believe in the organizational culture
Emergency Exit Routes
- How many exit routes need to be in your workplace?
- What are the design and construction requirements for emergency exits?
- How do I need to maintain my emergency exits?
- Do I need an Emergency Action Plan?
- Do I need a Fire Prevention Plan?
Employee Compensation and Benefits
- Be familiar with the types of incentives and benefits that motivate employees
Employee Retention Strategies: Pay for Performance and Work-Life Balance
- How pay for performance incentives work
- Understand the concept of work-life balance and how it can be improved
Employee Rights: Job Protection Rights
- Be able to explain employee rights
- Identify and describe job protection rights
Employee Rights: Labor Unions
- What the purpose of a union is
- What employers can and cannot do to discourage the formation of unions
- How the collective bargaining process works
- What the responsibilities of HR are
- How the grievance process works
Employee Rights: Privacy
- What the key issues related to privacy rights in the workplace are
- How legislation limits or mandates privacy in the workplace
- What issues of controversy to pay attention to in the future
Employee Separation, Rightsizing and Layoffs
- What scenarios result in employee separation
- How to appropriately deal with resignation, termination and employee absconding
- What rightsizing is and how it should be conducted
Employment Laws - Medical and Disability
- What is the ADA?
- What is the FMLA?
- What is Worker’s Compensation?
- Can a situation fall under multiple laws?
- What is a “serious health condition”?
- How do I figure out which law applies to a given case?
- If more than one law applies, which benefits does the employee receive?
Evacuating Highrise Buildings
- What can employers do to prepare for an emergency?
- What can employees do to prepare for an emergency?
- Where do I go after evacuating?
- What do I do if I get trapped inside during an emergency?
Expatriate Selection, Cultural Training and Other Considerations
- Be able to explain how the selection process for an expatriate differs from a domestic process
- Explain possible expatriate culture/language and other training topics and the importance of each
Exploring Diverse Cultures
What is culture?
What are individualistic and collectivist cultures?
What is power balance in a culture?
How does uncertainty avoidance relate to workplace behavior?
Exploring the Global Business Environment
- Be able to explain the terminology related to international HRM
Exploring the Need for Labor Unions
- Explain why workers unionize and how unions are structured
- Describe the collective bargaining process
Extrinsic and Intrinsic Rewards
- Know the difference between extrinsic and intrinsic rewards
- Understand the relationship between reward and motivation
Fire Safety in the Workplace
- What do employers need to do to protect workers from fire hazards?
- What are the OSHA requirements for fire exits, extinguishers and emergency plans?
- Do you need a fire prevention plan?
- What are the OSHA standards for fixed extinguishing systems?
First Aid for Seizures
- Know the stages of a tonic-clonic seizure
- Know the features of a seizure
- Know what to look for to determine whether to call 911
- Know what to do for a person who is having or has just had a seizure
- Know how to stop bleeding, clean, and bandage minor wounds
First Aid for Surface Injuries
- Know the different types of burns
- Know procedures for treating each type of burn
- Know how to preempt shock
- Know how to clean and bandage a wound
- Be familiar with special considerations for different types of wounds, such as punctures and animal bites
Health Hazards at Work: Cumulative Trauma and Exposures
- Be able to explain cumulative trauma and exposures as health concerns that can affect employees at work
Health Hazards at Work: Promoting a Culture of Safety and Health
- Be able to discuss employee privacy as a health and safety concern at work
- Increase your knowledge of ways to promote a culture of safety and health in the workplace
Health Hazards at Work: Stress
- Be able to explain stress as a health concern that can affect employees at work
Health Hazards at Work: Violence and Bullying
- Be able to explain bullying and violence as health and safety concerns that can affect employees at work
- Understand ways to recruit qualified employees
Hiring for a Diverse Workforce
- Define, explain, and identify your own power and privilege
- Provide reasons why diversity is important to maintain profitability
How Attitudes affect Employee Behavior
- What is the difference between performance and organizational citizenship behaviors?
- Are citizenship behaviors always beneficial to the company?
- What are the major causes of absenteeism at work?
- How can turnover be minimized?
How Ethics affect Attitude and Behavior
- How are job ethics affected by job attitudes and behaviors?
- How can companies encourage ethical behavior in their employees?
- How do job attitudes vary across the globe?
How Perceptual Style affects Behavior
- What is perception?
- How is perception affected by our experiences and values?
- What are some biases that affect perception?
- What are stereotypes and attributions?
How Personality affects Employee Behavior
- What is personality?
- What are the personality traits relevant to organizational behavior?
- What is the link between personality, work behavior, and work attitudes?
- What are some common methods organizations use to assess personality?
HR: The Cornerstone of Successful Organizations
- Understand where management and human resources intersect
- Name and describe three of the most important aspects of human resources
Human Resources Global Strategies
- Define global human resources management strategies
- Explain the impact of culture on human resources management practices
Identifying Obstacles to Organizational Change
Identify the external forces creating change on the part of organizations
Understand how organizations respond to changes in the external environment
Understand why people resist change
Identifying the Culture of Your Organization
Understand different dimensions of organizational culture
Understand the role of culture strength
Explore subcultures within organizations
Implementing Retention Strategies
- Explain the strategies and considerations in development of a retention plan
Improving Employee Attitude and Job Satisfaction
What are work attitudes?
What is job satisfaction?
What is organizational commitment?
How do people develop positive work attitudes?
Industrial Hygiene: Preventing Hazards in the Workplace
What is Industrial Hygiene?
What is a Worksite Analysis?
How do IH's Recognize and Control Hazards?
What Are Some Examples of Job Hazards?
What Help Can OSHA Provide?
Initiating Diversity Plans
- Be able to apply strategies to create a multicultural work environment and diversity plans
- Be able to create an HR plan with diversity considerations
Injuries from Mass Casualty Events
- Know the types of injuries that are common in mass casualty events
- Know what to do if you are injured in a mass casualty event
- Know how to stay healthy during such an event
- Know where to look in case of a health problem during a mass casualty event
- Know what a traumatic brain injury is and its symptoms
- Know who to consult about a traumatic brain injury
International Law for Expatriates
- Identify the legal differences for international assignments
- Explain the logistical considerations for expatriate assignments
Introducing Human Resource Management
- Define Human Resource Management and explain how managers develop and implement a human resource plan
Introduction to Compensation and Benefits
- Be able to explain the goals of a compensation plan
- Learn why a compensation package is an important part of the overall strategic HRM plan
Introduction to Employee Assessment
- What a performance evaluation system is
Why it is necessary to have a performance evaluation system
Introduction to Labor Unions
- Be able to discuss the history of labor unions
- Understand the role of labor unions in the modern business environment
Introduction to Managing Employee Performance
- What an employee performance problem might look like
- What are the types of performance issues that occur in the workplace
Job Hazard Analysis
- Understand the objectives of a job hazard analysis
- Know how to run a job hazard analysis
- Know the difference between engineering and administrative controls, and how each can be used in hazard prevention
Job Hazard Analysis: OSHA Assistance
- What are state plans?
- What is consultation assistance and how can it help me?
- What are VPPs?
- What are OSPPs?
- What safety and health training does OSHA offer?
Keeping Your Workplace Safe
- How can employers keep their employees safer, comply with the law, and reduce liability exposure?
Laws Relating to Pay
- Understand the basic laws related to work pay
Leaders' QuickTip #10: Coach for Performance
- Understand that employees need to be coached in order to become their best
- Be able to provide coaching to your employees
Leaders' QuickTip #36: Foster Growth Through Personal Development Plans
- How to create personal development plans
- How to create soft goals and share them with your bosses/co-workers
- What the 360-degree feedback method is and how to use it
Linking Diversity and Ethics
- How do ethics standards vary across the globe?
- How does a company deal with unethical behavior in an off-shore branch?
- How do other parts of the world handle demographic diversity?
Linking Ethical Behavior to Your Organization’s Structure
- Consider the role of organizational structure and change in ethical behavior
- Consider the role of culture for organizational structure and change
Maintaining Organizational Culture
- Learn about organizational culture
- Know key tools for maintaining a specific culture in your company
- Be able to remind employees of the culture and its expectations
Making Sense of FMLA and Other Leave Laws
- Know what is provided to employees by the FMLA and similar leave laws
- Know the types of FMLA leave that can be used
- Know what types of medical issues are covered by the FMLA
Managing Diversity in the Workplace
- What are some suggestions for managing demographic diversity?
- How do I build a culture of respect?
- Why should managers be accountable for diversity?
- Is culture always the root of problems encountered in international business?
Managing Employee Performance: A Look at Influences and Discipline
- Discuss the types of performance issues that occur in the workplace
- What the internal and external reasons are for poor performance
- What discipline is and how it should function
Managing Expatriates: Reducing Stress and Homesickness
- Explain the reasons for expatriate failures and how to combat those reasons
- Understand the adjustment process for expatriates
Managing Politics in Your Organization
- Understand what organizational politics are
- Examine political behavior within organizations
Marketing the Culture of Your Organization
- Understand how to market the culture of an organization
Matching Personality to the Right Job
- What is the interactionist perspective?
- What’s the difference between person-organization and person-job fit?
- What is the relationship between person “fit” and work behaviors?
- How does personality testing relate to employee selection?
- What are some benefits and disadvantages to using personality testing to screen job candidates?
What are the benefits and challenges of diversity in the workplace?
What is the similarity-attraction phenomenon?
What is a faultline?
What is a stereotype?
Maximizing the Benefits of Your Organization's Structure
Explain the roles of formalization, centralization, hierarchical levels, and departmentalization
Describe how the elements of organizational structure can be combined to create mechanistic and organic structures
Understand what matrix structures and boundary less organizations are
List the steps necessary to become a learning organization
Minimizing Dilemmas in a Diverse Workplace
What are some issues concerning gender diversity?
What are some issues concerning race and age diversity?
What are some issues concerning religion and sexual orientation?
What are some issues concerning employees with disabilities?
Minimizing the Legal Risk of Terminations
Understand the key concepts you should consider when contemplating an employee's termination of employment
Learn how to mitigate your legal risks during a termination
More Methods for Training Delivery
- Understand the types of training delivery methods
- Learn whether job swapping, shadowing, vestibule training, or international training is the right delivery
Motivation and Job Performance
- Be able to describe the factors that go into job performance: ability, motivation, and constraints
Multiculturalism and the Law
- Define the role of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Explain the various types of laws covered by the EEOC
Non-Discrimination and Non-Harassment Policies
- Learn about the typical nondiscrimination and nonharassment components of employer policies
- Know how to report concerns and what a typical investigation looks like
- Provide an enhanced understanding of the onboarding process
- Learn about the six tools for onboarding success
- Obtain a richer understanding of onboarding best practices
Onboarding: Best Practices
What is on-boarding?
How do I make my on-boarding process more effective for my employees?
What are some on-boarding best practices I can implement?
- Understand how employee orientations relate to onboarding
- Identify the 'Four Cs' of onboarding
Onboarding: The Power of Day One
- What is onboarding?
- Why is bad stronger than good?
- What are some best practices for the first day of a new employee?
Onboarding: Transmitting Culture
- Define organizational culture
- Understand the value of a culture audit
- Understand the importance of company culture to onboarding
Onboarding: Why You Should Care
- What is onboarding?
- How does socialization relate to onboarding?
- What are some tools for onboarding?
- Why does onboarding matter?
Organizing the Performance Appraisal Process and Conducting Appraisal Interviews
- What steps you must take to prepare for a performance review
- How to actually go about conducting a performance review
OSHA Assistance Programs
- What are the OSHA Safety and Health Program Management Guidelines?
- What states have their own workplace safety and health plans?
- What programs does OSHA offer to employers and employees who follow OSHA guidelines?
- What kind of training and grant opportunities does OSHA offer?
OSHA Inspections: An Overview
- Have a general understanding of OSHA’s inspection process
- Understand the deadlines and penalties of violations and citations
OSHA: An Overview
What is OSHA?
What does OSHA do for employees?
What does OSHA require of employers?
Are there other organizations that work with OSHA to enforce workplace safety?
What happens when a workplace is inspected by OSHA?
Pay Types and Considerations
- Name the different types of compensation a company can provide to an employee
- Understand the considerations they must take into account when creating a pay system
Performance Appraisal System Errors and Legal Considerations
- Where errors can occur in a performance appraisal system
- What the important legal considerations are for a performance appraisal system
- Explain how managers evaluate employee performance and retain qualified employees
Performance Management: A Manager's Responsibility
Understand a managers' responsibilities in performance management
Acknowledge common points of weakness in performance management
Learn how to avoid behaviors that result in unsuccessful performance management
Performance Management: A Systems View
Understand what performance management is and what it is comprised of
Know the aspects of performance management and the various components necessary for success
Performance Management: Setting Goals
- Understand the benefits of S.M.A.R.T. goal setting and convey its use as a tactical aspect of performance planning
Performance Management: The Coaching Conversation
Understand the Performance Improvement Method for developing employees
Improve your employee coaching skills and broaden your coaching toolbox
Planning and Responding to Workplace Emergencies
- Know an employer’s role in keeping the workplace safe in the event of an emergency
- Understand how to create an emergency procedure
- Know how to designate a chain of command and emergency responders
- Learn how to implement a training regimen for the emergency plan
- Learn how to provide protective equipment and medical assistance
Promoting an Ethical Culture in Your Organization
- Consider the role of ethics and culture in organizations
Promoting Ethical Values and Behavior
How do values affect one’s ethics?
How do values affect decision-making in your life?
How do values vary around the world?
Are personality traits and human perception universal?
Providing Government-Mandated Benefits
- Understand the various types of government-mandated benefits that must be offered to employees
Providing Voluntary Benefits: Incentive Pay and Paid Time Off
- Explain the different types of incentive pay an employer can provide and the pros and cons of each
- Describe the various types of paid time off that an employer can provide
Providing Voluntary Benefits: Medical Insurance and 401 (k)s
- Explain the various types of benefits that can be offered to employees
- Explain the basics of 401 (k) plans
Reasonable Accommodation Under the ADA
Know what a reasonable accommodation is
Know how to determine what is and is not a reasonable accommodation
Know what an "undue hardship" is
Know how to document the process of deciding on and implementing an accommodation for a disabled employee
- Who is required to keep these records?
- When do I record an incident?
- What is “work related”?
- What forms do I use?
- How should employees be involved in this process?
Record-keeping: OSHA Forms Tutorial
How do I complete forms 300, 301, and 300A?
When do I have to fill out these forms?
What counts as a work-related injury?
How long do I have to keep the forms?
Recordkeeping: Recording Criteria
- What are OSHA’s basic recording criteria?
- How do I count days away from work?
- What is restricted work?
- What qualifies as medical treatment?
Recordkeeping: Work Relatedness
- Does a work-related injury or illness have to happen at the worksite?
- What if I go on a business trip?
- Does it have to be a new condition?
- Are there exceptions?
Recruitment: Job Analysis and Job Descriptions
- Be able to develop a job analysis and job description
Recruitment: Process and Strategy
- Discuss the need for forecasting human resource needs and techniques for forecasting
- Be able to explain the steps to an eﬀective recruitment strategy
Recruitment: Recruitment Law, Part I: IRCA and Patriot Act
- Explain the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) and Patriot Act, and how they relate to recruiting
Recruitment: Recruitment Law, Part II: EEO Set of Laws
- Explain the equal employment opportunity (EEO) laws and how they relate to recruiting
Recruitment: Recruitment Strategies, Part I
- Explain the various strategies that can be used in recruitment
Recruitment: Recruitment Strategies, Part II
- Explain the various strategies that can be used in recruitment
Retail Violence Prevention: Hazard Prevention and Control
- Know engineering and work practice controls that may help keep workers safe
Retail Violence Prevention: Introduction
- Know the relative risks experienced by retail trade employees
- Know the important elements of a workplace violence prevention program
Retail Violence Prevention: Program Roles and Security Analysis
- Know how to conduct a workplace security assessment
Retail Violence Prevention: Training and Program Evaluation
- Know who to train about violence prevention measures
- Know how to keep records to effectively evaluate workplace violence
Retaining Your Best People
- Be able to discuss some of the theories on job satisfaction and dissatisfaction
- Explain the components of a retention plan
Safety and Health Add Value
- Why should an employer use OSHA standards?
- What are some OSHA programs available to businesses?
- How much money could a business save by implementing OSHA standards?
- What are the benefits to employees who are protected by OSHA?
- Where can you find additional information about OSHA programs?
Safety and Health Management Programs: An Overview
Why have a workplace health and safety program?
Who is involved in putting together the program?
What is involved in a worksite analysis?
What should be included in my employee’s health and safety training?
Selecting New Employees: Criteria Development and Resume Review
- Be able to explain why criteria development is an important part of the selection process
- Give examples of types of criteria that can be developed
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of internal and external candidates
Selecting New Employees: Interview Methods and Avoiding Mistakes
- Explain the interview process
- Discuss interview methods and potential mistakes in interviewing candidates
Selecting New Employees: Making the Offer
- Explain the steps in making the oﬀer to the candidate
Selecting New Employees: Selection Methods
- Be able to discuss the types of selection models
Selecting New Employees: Testing
- Explain the types of tests that can be administered as part of the selection process
Selecting New Employees: The Selection Process
- Be able to name and discuss the steps in the selection process
Selecting New Employees: Types of Interviews and Interview Questions
- Explain the various types of interviews and interview questions
- Explain staffing strategies for international businesses
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages for each strategy
- Explain the reasons for expatriate failures
Substance Abuse: Addressing Abuse
What are the correct steps when addressing workplace substance abuse?
Why is followup important?
What is supervisor enabling?
Substance Abuse: Problems and Effects
What is workplace substance abuse?
What are some common substances used in the workplace?
How can you tell if an employee is habitually abusing a substance?
Substance Abuse: Supervisors' Responsibilities
What can you do as a supervisor if you suspect an employee is abusing a substance at work?
What is your role as a supervisor when dealing with substance abuse?
What is "reasonable suspicion?"
Team Training, Compensation, and Recognition
- How to effectively train teams
- How to compensate teams vs. individuals
The American Disability Act: An Overview
How does a person’s disability weigh into hiring decisions?
What are “reasonable accommodations”?What do accommodations cost?
Do people abuse their protection under the ADA?
The Benefits of an Environmental Management System
What is an EMS?
How can an EMS reduce your organization’s expenses?
How might an EMS affect company image?
How will an EMS help employee health?
How will an EMS affect company legal obligations?
The Benefits of Workplace Drivers' Safety Programs
- Understand the costs to employers of car crashes in general
- Learn the costs relative to your own company
- Become familiar with the success of other companies that have instituted safe driving programs
The Collective Bargaining Process
- Understand the collective bargaining process
- Understand the types of bargaining issues and the rights of management
The Four Stages of Employee Training
- Understand the four steps involved when training an employee
- Learn what type of training best suits your needs
The Legal Environment in Human Resources
- Understand the importance of legal rights in the workplace
- Broadly understand and describe seven important legal acts
Training Delivery Methods
- Understand the types of training delivery methods
Learn whether on-the-job, mentoring, brown bag lunch, or web-based training is the right delivery for the
Types of Professional Training for Employees
- Explain the types of training that can be oﬀered within an organization
Types of Training for Employees
- Be able to explain and give examples of the types of training that can be oﬀered within an organization
- Understand what type of training would be most useful for you or your employees
Understanding and Investigating Performance Issues
- What is performance evaluation?
- How does the performance issue model work?
- What are the steps in the process for handling performance issues?
- Why and how must you conduct an investigative interview?
Understanding Performance Appraisal Methods, Part 1
- How to describe and categorize the various appraisal methods
Understanding Performance Appraisal Methods, Part 2
- Understand the different types of performance appraisal methods
- Know what the advantages and disadvantages of these performance appraisal methods are
Understanding Performance Appraisal Methods, Part 3
- Understand the different types of performance appraisal methods
Know what the advantages and disadvantages of these performance appraisal methods are
Understanding the Family and Medical Leave Act
Who is eligible for FMLA leave?
What employers are covered by FMLA?
How long can medical or family leave last?
Do employees need to provide certification for their medical conditions?
Who enforces the FMLA?
Understanding the Impact of Culture in Your Organization
Define organizational culture
Understand why organizational culture is important
Understand the different levels of organizational culture
Unionization and Corporate Resistance
- What does the unionization process look like?
- Why do corporations not want their employees to unionize?
- What are some common anti-unionization strategies?
Utilizing Job Evaluation Systems
- Explain types of job evaluation systems and their uses
Voluntary Protection Program: Preparing for OSHA's Visit
Know the OSHA visit process and the necessary documentation
Know the evaluation procedures and possible outcomes
What is New Employee Onboarding?
- Know the definition of new employee onboarding
- Know what factors go into onboarding
- Know the four "Cs" - four levels of onboarding
- Know the three types of organizations, categorized by their effectiveness at onboarding new employees
What Makes a Great Place to Work?
- Identify factors that make an organization a good place to work
Worker’s Compensation Overview
Know how Worker's Compensation laws apply
Know an employer's responsibilities in the case of a claim
Know an employee's rights to Worker's Compensation benefits
Working with Unions and Bargaining Breakdowns
- Discuss some strategies useful when working with unions
- Be familiar with methods employed by unions in response to perceived unfair labor practices
Workplace First Aid Programs
- Know who needs to implement a first aid program
- Know the requirements of a workplace first aid program
- Know the steps for developing a first aid program
Your Health Plan and HIPAA
- Can a health plan exclude coverage for a preexisting condition?
- What counts as a preexisting condition?
- Can a plan deny benefits for chronic illnesses?
- Are there any conditions that cannot be subjected to an exclusion period?
Your Health Plan and HIPAA 2
- How do I reduce the preexisting condition exclusion period on my new health plan?
- What is a “significant break”?
- How do I avoid a significant break in coverage?
Your Health Plan and HIPAA 3
- What is a certificate of creditable coverage?
- When should I receive a certificate of creditable coverage?
- What if I lost my certificate?
- What do I do if i never received a certificate?
- What should I do with the certificate once I have it?
Your Health Plan and HIPAA 4
- What is special enrollment?
- How do I qualify for special enrollment?
- When do I apply for special enrollment?
Your Health Plan and HIPAA 5
- What is discrimination in health care?
- Can employers offer different health care rates or coverage to different employees?
- How does HIPAA interact with workplace wellness programs?
- Can state plans have different requirements than federal regulations?
Your Health Plan and HIPAA 6
- How does HIPAA interact with state laws?
- How can COBRA extend my health care coverage?
- How do I best take advantage of HIPAA and COBRA benefits?
- How do I change from a group health plan to an individual insurance policy?