Many organizations are looking for ways to provide ethics training to their employees. This turn-key series helps employees become aware of ethical dilemmas and helps them to know how to make optimal ethical decisions. The complete ethics training series is 7 hours of content.
An Overview of Business Ethics
- Define business ethics and explain what it means to act ethically in business
- Explain how you can recognize an ethical organization
Communicating Ethically in Business
What is the role of ethics in communication?
What is the role of culture on communication?
Corporate Social Responsibility: Part 1
- Learn actions that managers can take to create and sustain ethical organizations
- Know how and why managers have a fiduciary responsibility to a company
- Understand how organizations protect employee safety and health
Corporate Social Responsibility: Part 2
- Be familiar with the discussions surrounding and regulations concerning sexual harassment, workplace discrimination, and fair pay
Corporate Social Responsibility: Part 3
- Learn how conscientious corporations engage with their customers and their communities
Creating and Maintaining a Code of Conduct
- How to start the process of drafting a code of ethics
- Who should participate in the creation of a code of ethics
- How to maintain a code of ethics from every position in the organization
Environmentalism and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Identify threats to the natural environment and explain how businesses are addressing them
Ethical Issues in Advertising and Marketing
- Understand the different ways in which marketing/advertising can be unethical
- Understand and be able to give examples of marketing to vulnerable populations, created problems and stealth marketing
- Learn how to decide for yourself what is ethical and unethical in the world of marketing
Ethics in Business
- Gain a brief understanding of ethical and unethical business practices
- Understand the different decision-styles people use
- Know why your corporation has a responsibility to be ethical
Handling Conflict and Negotiation Ethically
- Consider the role of ethics and culture in negotiation
Harassment Prevention: Managers' Responsibilities
- What your legal obligations are
- How to prevent harassment and discrimination in the workplace
- How to prevent and deal with retaliation
- How to promptly deal with complaints
Identifying Ethical Issues: Part 1
- Identify ethical issues that you might face in business
- Analyze rationalizations for unethical behavior
Identifying Ethical Issues: Part 2
- Understand what is meant by honesty and integrity in the workplace
- Learn what it means to be a whistleblower in an unethical organization
- Learn some common rationalizations for unethical behavior
Keeping Your Workplace Safe
- How can employers keep their employees safer, comply with the law, and reduce liability exposure?
Leadership and Ethics
Learn the definition of work ethics
Know how to be ethical and promote ethicality at your company
Learn to handle and avoid unethical behavior
Leading Your Team Ethically
- Consider the role of ethics and culture in leadership
Legal But Unethical - How Can That Be?
Understand the difference between legal and ethical behavior
Understand the difference between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law
Be able to state instances of unethical but legal laws and cases
Linking Ethical Behavior to Your Organization’s Structure
Consider the role of organizational structure and change in ethical behavior
Consider the role of culture for organizational structure and change
Linking Ethics to Stress and Emotions
How do emotions influence our decisions?
How do emotions relate to ethics?
Making Ethical Decisions
- Consider the role of ethical behavior and culture on decision making
Managing Teams Ethically
Consider the role of ethics and teams
Consider teams around the globe
Minimizing Gossip and Rumor
- What is the difference between gossiping and rumors?
- Why do people gossip?
- How can I reduce the problem of negative sharing and gossips in my office?
Misgoverning Corporations: An Overview
- What are some examples of bad business ethics?
- Why do some heads of corporations commit crimes?
Motivating Employees Ethically
What are the effects of job design, goals, and reward systems on ethical behavior?
What are the effects of culture on job design, goals, and reward systems?
Motivation: Ethical Strategies
What is the connection between motivation and ethical behavior?
How does motivation theory differ across cultures?
What is “fairness”?
Onboarding: Best Practices
What is on-boarding?
How do I make my on-boarding process more effective for my employees?
What are some on-boarding best practices I can implement?
Promoting an Ethical Culture in Your Organization
- Consider the role of ethics and culture in organizations
Promoting Ethical Values and Behavior
How do values affect one’s ethics?
How do values affect decision-making in your life?
How do values vary around the world?
Are personality traits and human perception universal?
Safety and Health Add Value
- Why should an employer use OSHA standards?
- What are some OSHA programs available to businesses?
- How much money could a business save by implementing OSHA standards?
- What are the benefits to employees who are protected by OSHA?
- Where can you find additional information about OSHA programs?
Sales and Ethics: Connecting Your Values to Your Career
Discuss the role of values in ethics
What is the connection between a mission statement and ethical decisions?
How can you maintain a good reputation?
What should you do when you encounter an unethical organizational behavior?
Sales and Ethics: Making Ethical Decisions
Understand ethics and what composes ethical behavior
Understand how you define your personal code of ethics
Sales and Ethics: Managing Conflicts of Interest
How do company policies reflect business ethics?
What is a conflict of interest?
How do business ethics apply to workplace behavior?
Stages of Corporate Responsibility
- List the stages of corporate responsibility
The Benefits of an Environmental Management System
What is an EMS?
How can an EMS reduce your organization’s expenses?
How might an EMS affect company image?
How will an EMS help employee health?
How will an EMS affect company legal obligations?
The Global Business Environment: Working in Different Economies
- Appreciate how economic, legal, and political differences create challenges to successful business dealings
The Individual Approach to Ethics
- Know the differences between an ethical dilemma and an ethical decision
- Specify the steps that you would take to solve an ethical dilemma and make an ethical decision
The Organizational Approach to Ethics
- Specify actions that managers can take to create and sustain ethical organizations
The Smell Test: A First Look at Ethics in Business
- Know the definition of business ethics
- Be able to recognize good and bad ethics within your company
- Understand what your role is and what you can do to promote ethical behavior
The Triple Bottom Line
- Provide a general understanding of Triple Bottom Line
- Provide ideas on how to utilize this framework at all levels
- Illustrate the benefits of this three-pronged approach
Top 10 Ethical Issues
- Learn about the top ten most important issues in business ethics
Understanding Emotion in the Workplace
What is Affective Events Theory?
How do emotions affect attitude?
What is emotional labor?
What is cognitive dissonance?
What is emotional intelligence?
Using Power and Influence Ethically
Consider the role of ethics and power
Consider the role of culture on power
What are Emotions?
What are emotions?
How do emotions relate to work behavior?